Cross-Cultural Encounters in 20th Century English Short Stories
Zeiten: Di. 10:00 - 12:00 (wöchentlich)
Beschreibung: The only set text is: S. Lenz & R. Gratzke (eds.): "Cross-Cultural Encounters. 20th Century English Short Stories. " (Reclam, 2006). Available from: Buchhandlung zur Heide, Dielinger Str.
Organization: Course Requirements and Procedures
When you join this seminar, you have Hobson´s Choice in the following points:
1. Look up the term <Hobson´s Choice<.
2. Buy the set text: S. Lenz & R. Gratzke (eds.): "Cross-Cultural Encounters. 20th Century English Short Stories. " (Reclam, 2006). Available from: Buchhandlung zur Heide, Dielinger Str.
3. All seminar members are required to read the text set for the date given in the seminar working schedule (Ablaufplan).
4. We do not allocate texts. You choose the text you want to be responsible for as a Moderator.
5. If there are enough seminar members, it makes sense to team up with another participant. No more than two in a team.
6. This is a <learning-by-doing< seminar: You select one text or topic session and will be responsible for teaching it. You become the Moderator of that session. That means that you create a quiz of a minimum of three and a maximum of five questions on your text/topic, which are to be discussed by seminar members. No simple questions, which can be answered by <Yes/No>. Be creative and provocative to make fellow students think.
7. Moderators send me their draft (doc, rtf) three days before their session for correction and suggestions. Then they upload it on StudIP at least one day before their session. In their mail they give their telephone number for interactive communication without delays in mail correspondence.
8. The other seminar members post their responses in the seminar´s Forum for comments by fellow students within six days of that session. The responses should be in key words/short sentences and not longer than one printed page. I may contact members in response to their contribution.
9. Except for the Moderators of a session, participants write a one-page summary of the text under discussion and hand me a paper copy for correction and feedback before or after the session. This is a mandatory requirement.
10. You can send me an email at any time. Please, include your telephone number so that I can call you back. That saves lengthy mail correspondence.