Designing and evaluating corpus-informed language teaching materials
DozentIn: Elen Le Foll, M.A.
Ort: 15/128: Mi. 16:00 - 18:00 (10x), (BigBlueButton): Mittwoch. 10.02.21 16:15 - 17:45
Zeiten: Mi. 16:00 - 18:00 (wöchentlich), Termine am Mittwoch. 10.02.21 16:15 - 17:45
Beschreibung: Designing and Evaluating Corpus-Informed Materials for Language Teaching is a course that will require your full commitment and active participation. Attendance is compulsory.
The learning objectives are to:
- Understand how state-of-the-art Second Language Acquisition (SLA) research can inform materials design
- Learn how to evaluate the language of textbooks using corpus resources
- Be able to design teaching and learning materials using authentic documents
- Become a confident user of basic corpus linguistic tools and methods
- Be able to teach others how to design corpus-informed teaching materials
- Be able to design effective tasks and activities
- Practise giving and receiving critical feedback