Designing and Evaluating Materials for Language Teaching
DozentIn: Elen Le Foll, M.A.
Ort: nicht angegeben
Zeiten: Termine am Freitag. 24.04.20 08:30 - 10:00, Freitag. 15.05.20, Freitag. 29.05.20, Freitag. 12.06.20, Freitag. 19.06.20, Freitag. 03.07.20, Freitag. 10.07.20 08:30 - 12:00
Beschreibung: Designing and Evaluating Materials for Language Teaching is a project seminar that will require your full commitment and active participation. Attendance is compulsory. Since all sessions are double sessions, you will need to show a medical certificate, or other proof of justified absence, if you miss more than one session.
The learning objectives are to:
- Understand how state-of-the-art Second Language Acquisition (SLA) research can inform materials design
- Learn how to evaluate the language of textbooks using corpus resources
- Be able to design teaching and learning materials using authentic documents
- Become a confident user of basic corpus linguistic tools and methods
- Be able to teach others how to design corpus-informed teaching materials
- Be able to design effective tasks and activities
- Practise giving and receiving critical feedback